Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fall Pumpkin Centerpiece with Kiwi Lane Designs

Pin It


 

Hello my creative friends, Connie here!! It's my favorite time of the year, Fall!  And time for me to share my love of Kiwi Lane products with you all. I hope I can inspire you to create fun projects using the templates we all love so much.

This month Kiwi Lane set us loose and gave us the wide open range to create whatever we wanted with whatever papers we chose. Well I didn't exactly choose paper. I chose a different type of canvas to play with and I am so happy I did. I just love what Kiwi Lane Templates did to my pumpkin that never got carved this past Halloween. I now have a great Fall centerpiece!

First I traced my designs on the top and bottom then I decided what designs to add to the middle of the pumpkin. I used a regular pen to do all my tracing since I knew I would be painting over it all.
I used Kiwi Lane Templates: Holiday 4T and 2T and Autumn 1, 2, and 4.
 

 
After you have your design drawn out the real fun begins, Painting!
Decide what colors you are going to use and away you go. I used lots of bright colors on my pumpkin. Some of the lighter colors require 2 layers. You can use your heat gun to speed up the drying process.
 


After my pumpkin was painted I added outlines to all the shapes and some doodles.
Then I applied a coat of Modge Podge to the pumpkin just to make sure the paint would last longer.
It was really easy to scratch off the pumpkin without it.
And my final step was to add bling.
 
 

Recipe:
Kiwi Lane Templates: scallops 3A, Mini Colter Trails 1B
Holiday 2T, 4T, Autumn 1,2,4
Pumpkin
Acrylic Paint
Paint brushes or foam brushes
Modge Podge
Bling
CTMH Adhesive
Black sharpie for doodles

What will you alter today using Kiwi Lane Templates?
 
I can't thank you enough for checking out my project. It means the world to me and I hope you truly enjoyed it. May it inspire you to create something wonderful!   Scrappy Hugs!

6 comments:

  1. Love the fun design and bling! BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love your pumpkin!
    Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Connie your Pumpkin art is amazing WOW you sure are one outstanding artist among all your other talents. You truly did create one masterpiece it is so outstanding in a photo I can only imagine how awesome iit is to see it in person WOW!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your SWEET pumpkin. What a fun decoration. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets